Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ketchup, Catch-up!

You maybe wondering, what's going on now everything is planted? Weeelll, here's some pictures! It's crazy everything is growing so fast everyday the garden looks different. I love it! I've been thinning out the beans and corn plants. It's hard for me to kill some of the seedlings, I hope the ones that are still planted will thrive, grow, and be happy. :) As an experiment, I saved most of the bean seedlings and replanted them in pots for presents. :)So far, the bean plants in their new little potted homes look happy and healthy, thanks to the awesome rain we've had the past few days. I decided corn would not work very well, considering there are so many plants necessary and particular spacing rules for proper development.

Pictures!!! OK.... GO!



I found a freshly brand new molted magicicada.. :) I am really excited about them swarming the southeast this year.. I hope they do..


the beans have begun climbing up the headboard. It's awesome!The incredible hulk ivyyyyyyyyyy.... How angry you make me..



I found a new kind of mushroom growing in the garden. The cup fungus is now growing in the middle of the bed instead of just the straw bales. I also caught the ink mushrooms one morning after a heavy downpour. I love them.. Well... the cup fungus grosses me out... I still poke my finger in the cups every time I see them, even if they do gross me out..


Also, I took a video of the termites, pretty awesome!

By the way those are not bags of trash, they're bags of spent coffee grounds.. :)

P.S. Amanda and I installed some new super fancy pest deterrents... Old CDs on string. They work very well, when the wind is blowing. So well, they even startle Paul and me sometimes when we are hanging out in the yard.

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment