Thursday, April 7, 2011

Gotta keep going!





I'm going to start off by saying I was in a horrible, no good, very bad mood today. All freakin' day! I wanted to destroy things. So, when I got off work I came home and I decided I'm going to plant these seedlings. I think we're safe now I do not think there is going to be another freeze. If there is another freeze now that I have transplanted, I might explode. You see, the seedlings had totally out grown their little peat moss pellets. The seedlings were starting to die so I knew I had to do something quick.
While I was turning up the only bed I can plant in, I desperately need more compost or manure or top soil something. Anyway, I found SO MANY FAT HEALTHY WORMS! Oh how happy they make me, I love those little guys!

Also I found this really cool fungus
growing in the garden! I know that this fungus is breaking down the straw bales, but it still makes me sooo happy!



I am pretty sure this is cup fungus from Phylum Ascomycota.













There's actually two different kinds of mushrooms growing. The other kind is called an ink cap mushroom.
I'm a little crazy about mushrooms and I really want to grow some shiitakes, portabellas, or oyster or
morels. I don't even really care to eat mushrooms very often, I just think they are so interesting and cool! I probably think they're so cool because they're so trendy now. Kinda crazy about owls too.. :)

Thanks Wikipedia! Sometimes these are hard mushrooms to catch.


I finished everything around 8 pm. I'm glad the sun took so long to finally go down. Sometimes it's hard for me to find free time, I'm thankful for the longer daylight hours.


Oh, I almost forgot!
I planted the cauliflower seeds, carrot, and green onion seeds this past Sunday. I hope they germinate. :) I transplanted the collard greens a couple weeks ago as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment